Search This Blog


Saturday, June 20, 2026

The Perfect Saturday


Whenever I meditate, I always think of that perfect Saturday when I was a kid and everything felt like the time stood still. It was just perfect, everything was peaceful and I will never ever forget that feeling. It always helps me calm down, it always releases a good peaceful feeling of what it was to feel together and in peace. What is the perfect Saturday for me? Let me explain.

 

The perfect Saturday is that moment where you just see everyone around you at peace. There are no fights, arguments, or screaming. Everyone is just enjoying the moment, and I think that’s what the whole point of this is. My perfect Saturday takes me back to when I was around six or seven years old (no pun intended). It’s a lazy Saturday at our house where everyone is at home doing their own thing. I can start on the first floor where I see my father watching tv but guess what? He’s asleep holding the newspaper, how peace is that? Very peaceful indeed. Then if I look over, I see my mother organizing the kitchen just seeing her enjoying putting her kitchen together and plates away. There are no words, just enjoyment. The tv is on but at a volume that completely blends into the peacefulness of the household.

 

I then find my way upstairs where my siblings are. I have three sisters and one brother. The first room to the right is my parents’ room, nothing to see here. On the left though, are my sister’s room (two of them) and as I look in there you can see one just playing with her barbie dolls while the other one is reading a book, simple yet peaceful and beautiful. There are no words, just enjoying the moment. My other sister is in her own room, yes, she was the rebel that wants her own room and she’s also just enjoying the moment, what is she doing? Just drawing but sometimes she would be moving things around as she always wanted to change things around. No words, just peacefulness. Finally, my brother’s room which is also mine, is on the far left and I could peek in to see him organizing his toys. We had ninja turtles and G.I.joes and would destroy them to pieces, yes, we were destructive. You can see him trying to put together the head of one G.I.Joe with the body of another. We had to make them last after all! Nothing but bliss.

 

The feeling of the perfect moment, the perfect Saturday, your inner peace is that moment where you can just see everyone around you reflecting on that peaceful feeling towards you. It’s all about being in a good environment which is why I always use this moment to help me calm down during meditation or whenever I feel like I’m losing my grip. So what is your perfect Saturday? 




Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment